What to do if your pet swallows a toy with batteries

We defy you to find a cuter picture on the internet today. Little Oscar recently visited our Emergency Service after swallowing a toy that contained a light and battery. Batteries can be very toxic and it was important that it be removed. Oscar was initially cared for by Dr. Juliette VanGalder who with the assistance of Dr. Katie Belz was able to remove the toy with an endoscope, saving Oscar from having to have a surgery. Oscar is pictured with his proud human sister prior to being discharged. Oscar’s primary care veterinarian is Dr. David Williams at Avondale Veterinary Hospital.